I am looking very forward to going home to my Oregon farmstead for Thanksgiving this year, however, I have a lot of friends that will be staying here in LA. I had a friend ask me if I knew of any good restaurants that would be doing a sit down feast. I wasn’t sure, but thought it was an excellent question, and one I should certainly have an answer for as “The Food Pervert.” It’s a rare treat to have Thanksgiving dinner prepared for you by a nice restaurant. It can be just as fun as cooking it yourself…and you don’t have to do dishes afterwards!
I remember a very special Thanksgiving out as a child food pervert. My mom, dad, aunt, uncle and cousins decided to go Portland for Thanksgiving weekend and had an amazing meal at famous Jake’s. Although the experience of being in a restaurant on such a home oriented holiday was different, it wasn’t any less delicious.
If you’re in LA for Thanksgiving and don’t know where to begin basting a turkey, or just don’t want to, make a reservation and go out!
I have gone through the many Thanksgiving Dinner recommendations and made a list based on my own food judgement. Here are some perv-worthy locations!
- The Bazaar by Jose Andres, Beverly Hills: You can order their version of Thanksgiving dinner or just order off the amazing regular menu.
- The Belvedere, Beverly Hills: Enjoy an indulgent Thanksgiving feast complete with Champagne!
- Cafe Pinot, Downtown: If Pecan Cake sounds good to you, then you might want to go here.
- Campanile, Mid-City: This charming restaurant will be serving a traditional three course Thanksgiving meal.
- Cleo, Hollywood: Their food is simply amazing, I have no doubt that their Thanksgiving offerings will be less than stellar.
- Craft, Century City: This well known and highly regarded restaurant will start seating Thanksgiving day reservations at 2pm, for the early birds
- Duke’s, Malibu: This will be fun if you want to do Thanksgiving buffet-style! Traditional items will be prepared along with some Hawaiian specialties.
- Ford’s Filling Station, Culver City: If you still want to feel like you’re at home, this is a cozy place to be.
- Larchmont Grill, Hancock Park: A classic Thanksgiving dinner complete with pumpkin pie for only $32.00.
- Naya Sunset, Silverlake: Keep it simple with a turkey carving station and and bottomless mimosas.